Natural History of the Pacific Northwest Mountains
“Everything you could possibly want to know about the plants, animals, geology, climate and fungi of the Pacific Northwest mountains.” —The Oregonian
Natural History of the Pacific Northwest Mountains is an engagingly written, portable history of Cascadia. It includes details about and identification tips for the flora, fauna, and geology of the region. If you are looking for a simple way to discover the great outdoors, this is the perfect overview of the Pacific Northwest.
- Covers the Coastal and Cascade Mountain Ranges, as well as the Olympic Mountains and Coast Mountains of southern British Columbia
- Describes more than 950 species of plants, animals, and mushrooms with helpful keys for easy identification
- User-friendly, color coded layout
- Compelling stories of the region’s plants, animals, and people bring the mountains alive
- The essential trailside reference for naturalists, hikers, and campers