The Seven Ways of Ayurveda
A guide to the Ayurvedic personality types, or doshas, with psychology-based advice on cultivating balance
The Ayurvedic concept of dosha is a road map to the body and mind. So knowing and understanding your dosha is key to unlocking the secrets of all areas of life, from aging and family dynamics to career paths, interactions in the workplace, and relationships.
The Seven Ways of Ayurveda takes you on a journey of discovery, exploring all seven dosha combinations to help you discover which fits best:
- Vata: spontaneous, creative, open to change
- Pitta: intellectual, confident, passionate
- Kapha: protective, loving, compassionate
- Vata-Pitta: creative, agile, extreme
- Pitta-Kapha: strong, determined, healthy
- Vata-Kapha: changeable, anxious, conflicted
- Tri-Dosha: poised, harmonious, happy
Then, it helps you develop an action plan for personal evolution based on your unique needs. After all, self-awareness isn’t just important for self-care—it’s also a path of learning about yourself to better know and care for others.